Thread: Problem With Size Of Output

Default Problem With Size Of Output

So I upload my video to my computer from mini DV and the size of the raw digital video is about 8 gigs. Once I edit it in Adobe Premiere Pro, how do I render the video so that it is in the same format.

I picked AVI and it was like 40 gigs!!! So basically I just want to import raw digital video, edit it, and export it in the same format, and the same file size.

thanks!

tyler

Strange. ususally we get asked how to export it to make it smaller, not the same size as the original.

File -> Export movie and then choose the DV AVI option.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills View Post
    Strange. ususally we get asked how to export it to make it smaller, not the same size as the original.

File -> Export movie and then choose the DV AVI option.
    Funny, I was just about to post this, but since were already at it - how DO you export a movie in Premiere Pro in a certain size? Ive got a clip that Id like to have - say - in a 20mb file. Cant seem to find any options for this in Premiere?

I do nto believer there is an option in any version of Premiere that lets you say export this movie and make it a 20Mb AVI file.

The size of the resulting file is a by-product of the resoltuion of the clip (width, height in pixels) and the designated bitrate.

These setting are available when you export but easier to find when using the Adobe media Encoder. In Export -> moivie I think there is a "Settings" button is the save as dialogue for changing settings.

In Media Encoder you choose your file type, say WMV, and then choose a preset. say 640x380 at 512Kbps bitrate. (I don't have it in front of me so made up these numbers).

Ironically, Windows Movie Maker allows you to specify the file size, but you will have to settle for WMV file format only.

You could export your edited movie from Premiere in DV AVI format, and then import that into Movie Maker.

Witty signature text coming soon...