Thread: Hollow echoing sound, can I fix?

1. Default Hollow echoing sound, can I fix?

ive recorded some audio but it seems to sound a little hollow and it echos a bit. Is there anything I can do to make it sound better?
    I have Adobe soundbooth, premiere and after effects

Blog Entries

I dont know of any way to fix this, but I am not a sound expert - sounds like you need 'unreverb', like sharpening for video if such a thing exists.

Strangely enough. 'UNreverb' was exactly the word I was thinking of too! Get your Soundbooth manual out. If it's anmythign like my Audition manual it will have relavent chpaters outlining all the 'effects' and 'filters' available. Have a read through the list and see if anything promising screams out to you.

4. Default

Thanks, i'll have a sprawl through the manuals.

I have to admit, I've nto noticed any kind of 'unreverb' in Audition. It's possible though, that I just doin't know what I'm talking about of course.

If all else fails though, just remember that, assuming Soundbooth is like Audition, if you can see it you can remove it. What this means is that you can show the sound in a spectral view in these tools. By doing that things like pops and clicks are often 'visible' in the spectrum. If they are then just rubber band around them and hit delete. Works a treat. Might be a pains taking task but you coudl attempt the same thing. If your 'reverb' is visible then select it and remove it. Worth a try if all else fails.