Thread: New F-22 Raptor Video

Default New F-22 Raptor Video

I wanted to do a short piece on the new stealth F-22 Raptor. I shot four flights at the airshow in Sacramento a few weeks ago. I arranged an interview with the pilot and focused on what he actually does during the flight. I took this approach after watching tons of YouTube/Google videos that left me wanting to see the plane up close and see a maneuver without cutting back and forth and showing off every conceivable graphic capability of the editor.(90% glitter,10% of the actual subject) I mostly produce 5-10 minute promotional videos for airshow aerobatic pilots and keep graphics/effects both effective and subtle.
    Here's my edit:
    http://www.kbvp.com/extreme-videos/f-22-raptor

This is a frame grab from the video

Awesome!! Great filming and nicely edited together. Very impressive promo for the pilot too.

Fantastic!!! Love the fact the pilot talks you right through the set.
    ggmabaapbnebtrbatst

Thanks! It was a fun edit.

I knew within the first 30 seconds of this video that I was going to watch it all the way through and that I was going to have praise for it. Awesome video, first of all. Thank you for keeping it simple! The pilot talk-through was well executed and made the video very watchable. Your editing was clean. There were very few effects and music, nothing to distract from the impressive subject matter - something that many, many amateurs need to learn! Your shots were grand - we could actually see the jet, centered and close and in-frame, and it wasn't bouncing all around the screen - what a novel idea! Just fantastic shots there. Even your hand-held shots were so steady they were almost unnoticeable. This vid made me feel like a little boy again, and reminded me of some fond memories watching the Blue Angels and such. Please keep up the great work and thanks for sharing it. THAT is how documentary should be done. Fantastic.

Thanks for taking the time to write the great comments.

Awesome! Well done sir!
    Lordy Lordy!
    www.maccman23.co.uk