Thread: Canon MV200i PC connection

Default Canon MV200i PC connection

Hello,

I am after some advice please. I have just bought a 2nd hand Canon MV200i camcorder (made in about 1999), mainly for my kids to have a go with (but perhaps some fun for a bigger kid!!!).

Can anyone tell me if there is an easy (and cheap) way to interface the camera to a PC, it does have something called a DV terminal. I can drop the contents onto my recordable DVD and then edit on the PC but it will lose some quality and be more hassle.

I am a real newbie at this so as none technical an explanation as possible would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Jon

Only use firewire for DV transfer. Or DV terminal however it's called on your camera. Check your motherboard to see if you have a firewire port (also known as iLink or IEEE1394), otherwise, you'll have to buy a PCI firewire card and a cable, they're very cheaap anyway,

Quote Originally Posted by Mihai View Post
    Only use firewire for DV transfer. Or DV terminal however it's called on your camera. Check your motherboard to see if you have a firewire port (also known as iLink or IEEE1394), otherwise, you'll have to buy a PCI firewire card and a cable, they're very cheaap anyway,
    Mihai,

Thanks very much for the really quick reply, your help and advice is much appreciated.

Thanks again

Jon

Good luck!