Thread: Mixing Multiple Video Sources

Default Mixing Multiple Video Sources

I have shot a dance recital onto digital video and dumped it into Premier Elements 3.0 . Now I have two copies ( distant full, zoomed detail ) on my time line. How do you view the Video 1 or Video 2 to see which one you want to mix at this time in the timeline? I want to be able to view both video sources to see which one I want to go to at that point. Anyone done this or have an info? Thanks in advance!

If you have video on tracks 1 and 2, the one on track 2 will show in the preview window. To see track 1, right click video 2 and click 'enable'. There will be a tick next to it, clicking will remove it, and then you should be able to see the video on track 1 in the preview window.

I haven't used Elements 3 much at all and I haven't found the cutter tool or its equivalent. If you find it, let me know.

I think what you were perhaps hoping for was a multi-camera editing feature, but this cannot be done with Elements.

Premiere Pro 2.0 and above can do it.

Witty signature text coming soon...

Bracknell, Berkshire, UK

You could try putting them on different layers. Set the opacity of the top layer to 50%. You can then see both layers overlayed and should be able to judge when to make your cuts between them. Once done, then set the opacity back up.

Default Premier

I also have access to premier Pro, how would I accomplish this in Pro? Thank You!