Thread: Trailer music? Help....

Default Trailer music? Help....

Hey,
    i was wondering if anybody new or had any good tariler sounding music. i can't seem to find anything on the web, and wondered if anybody had any decent tracks. I just want the music to build up and finish with a climax, like your stereotypical trailer piece.

Thanks

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tomtd39 View Post
    Hey,
    i was wondering if anybody new or had any good tariler sounding music. i can't seem to find anything on the web, and wondered if anybody had any decent tracks. I just want the music to build up and finish with a climax, like your stereotypical trailer piece.

Thanks

Tom
    Yea... does anyone know where i can find such type of music on the net ??

With respect, this is a bit like asking 'how do i climb a big hill'.

There isnt really an easy way. The net can often help with this sort of thing, and surely the availability of all music ever made on limewire is more help than we could ever have dreamed of 10 years ago.

When i do this I sit and flick through the 8000 or so bits of music I own and have d loaded over the years (hope riaa aint reading this!)

Sometimes I edit tunes carefully to get right lenghth /effect. Add in my own sound fx and rarely ask someone to compose somethnig for me.

I find selecting music one of the most fun creative bits of the editing process but it does take a lot of thought and time.

Music for a trailer that builds to a climax?

Might come across as a gatuitous plug but I came across what looks like the perfect thing for you the other day on my travels.

Video Copilot Products and Tutorials for Video Professionals

I'm not affilitated in any way but I do have a couple of his products and would vouch for their quality.

Oh yes Alan - I forgot there were those 'autocompsers' out there. They are very impressive.

This isn't an auto-composer, although I think that's a very good line to take with this.

This is a set of sound effects (WAV files I expect/hope) put together for the purpose of cerating those punchy movie trailers we all see. According to the blub on the site it's not your averege collection of "cat pissing in a tin" type sound effects but all those cool fanfares and drum roles and crescendos and stuff for movie-trailer building. Enough of the advertsiing though...

Do investigate the 'auto-composer' route though. I know there is a free plugin for Premiere for this that comes with some sample music to play with. I just can't remember the name off hand. I think it's from Sony though but can't ber certain. You would likely need to buy more music to get all you want out of it though. But it is a tool we should all have installed somewhere I suppose.

Yes - I tried an auto composer some time ago - forgotten which one. It was very effective if a little time consuming - like another edit all in itself, and the tunes and data that formed the basis for the tune you would build were a bit pricey for non commercial work.

www.visualise.tv Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tomtd39 View Post
    Hey,

Thanks

Tom
    You can try bigbangfuzz to build up a library really quickly. They will supply you with CDs free, you pay per use. This makes sense cos you can revert the charges to your client for each project.

Either that or look around for royalty free music, spend some money to build up your own library.

I use both cinescore and sonicfire pro, Now that sony has cinescore plug in for vegas I hardly ever use sonicfire.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction