Thread: Taking a Break - An Insight Into Rising Celebrities.

Default Taking a Break - An Insight Into Rising Celebrities.

Youtube - Taking a Break

A little about the film:

It was a group piece made my myself and four others in the space of a week. It was our first assessed piece for our first year of university doing a digital film and video course. Our brief was to make a five minute film around the theme of a video diary and it was to reflect the way people perform when the camera is turned on them. We chose to look at rising celebrities (none of the characters are real, however) and use a documentary style for the piece, that displayed people who are failing at their chosen celebrity life pretending that they are successful, if that makes sense. Even if the film making side isn't brilliant, I think the actors did an amazing job as it was all improvised. They each had a brief workshop so we could form their characters, but there was no script.
    If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.

Hi sara,

That was a really funny film and looked good with good acting. I'm no expert at these things but I know what I like. The only small thing wrong was a couple of the B/w clips were a bit hard to make out, but that was all. Good one.

Nick

Thank you, Nick. The feedback is much appreciated. I agree about the b&w shots, unfortunately we didn't have time to check after burning the DVD to readjust that.

Thanks again.
    If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.

Blog Entries

A great idea well done. Original and funny.

A bit dark in places.

I like the thanks to robert kilroy silk at the end, hoho.

A great spoof.