Thread: What should I use to make animations?

Default What should I use to make animations?

I'm making an animation and creating all the the frames separately. I plan on having over 1000 frames when I'm done. However, I don't know what program would be best to put all these frames together to make my movie, add audio, the whole deal. I tried using Macromedia Fireworks to make an animated PNG file, but the movie editors I currently own, Windows Movie Maker and Adobe Premiere 6.5, can't seem to see the animation. The FPS I want is 10. Any ideas would be helpful.

Look in the Capture settings to see if you can find an option for single frame capture, it may be listed as such or see if you can find a little camera icon that you can click on. This will allow you to record a single frame of whatever your camcorder is pointing at. After you have recorded and moved your objects, the principle of stop motion animation, you will need to add them all together in the timeline so as to run the animation.

Not a cheap option but I do know that Adobe After Effects will do exactly what you want. i.e. create hundreds of individual still images and as long as they are namedd well, i.e. MYstill0001.png, MYstill0002.png etc then when you attempot to import the first frame the s/w will ask if you wish toi import the set as a sequence.

Once done you have a single asset that can be manipulated as you would any movie clip inside AE.

In many respects, this approach is even the preferred import/export technique for projects starting from actual video clips too. not sure of the why's but those more in the know than I do it that way.

I remember seeing a program called SMA 4.0 about two years ago. I think the SMA stood for Stop Motion Animation or maybe it was Animator and this allowed you to connect up a camera, either webcam or I presume digital camcorder and you had a window were you have a 'live feed' from whatever the camera wias pointing at. You also had a series of controls onscreen for things like setting the frame rate, snapping single frames and onion skinning. You want to try and google the name and see what it throws up. What sort of animation are you planning on making, is it of real world objects, hand drawn, illustrative, cartoon, CG?

I use Adobe Image Ready or Jasc Animation Shop 3 to make Animated Gif files