Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Telephone Effect

Default Telephone Effect

How would I make it so a person is on the other line of a telephone (other than turning the sound down).

2. Default

That "tinny" sounding effect? I imagine you'd need to fiddle around with the EQ to get the effect you're after... But I could be wrong...

Guys?

MS.

play with the sound effects provided - its easy and there is a preset for it!

learn by discovering!

Thank you, I'll explore vegas some more.

what do u mean by telephone effect. i dont understand

Here's an example:

See how the telemarketers voice sounds different than everyone else? That's what I want.

Any other help?

Are working with Vegas Pro7?

If so this is what I have done in the past:

1] Right click on the Audio Event

2] From the Pop-Up Menu, select "Apply Non-Real time Event FX..."

3] Once into the "Plug-in Chooser", and from the AUDIO "Tree", select the Sony Folder and then the "Parametric EQ" and hit the "ADD" button on the RIGHT of the Plug-in chooser window and click "OK".

4] Now you will have the "Parametric EQ" Menu in front of you. Select the "Phone Line effect" Preset.

5] To HEAR your selected Preset WITH your source Audio Media click on the "PLAY"Arrow - this is next to the "OK" button. I also apply the "LOOP" Preview button so that the audio loops while I can adjust the sliders - neat tip there!

Now, try experimenting with:

A - Centre frequency setting and move up/down from 900Hz to 5,000Hz - this will give you an amazing amount of variation. If you find it going it too quiet then try adjusting upwards the "AMOUNT" Vertical Slider.

B - Band width setting up to 3.3 gives some "nice" distortion too!!

C - Distortion Fx can be added as part of the plugin "chain" and add some more "line" distortion.

Once you are satisfied with your results, then you go "OK".

This WILL save a rendered WAV in the folder provided, and will automatically ADD this result as a TAKE to your exsisting Audio Event. You will see the Audio Event named as MyAudio (2/2) - this menas that this is TAKE 2 of a total of 2 takes. Neat eh?

Should you wish to revert to the original Audio, then just hit the "T" key and this will bring up the original. If you have made several TAKES, hitting the "T" key again and again will give you the option to rotate your selection until you have got back to the beginning!

I hope this hasd helped?

My guess is that you have come back here 'cos you could NOT see your way to the Phone Line FX? Not easy to discover - I agree. Bit of a layer too deep for the "starter" in Vegas. I understand that. Now, maybe that you have experimented thus far, you may wish to click on some more of those "options" and try and see what ELSE you have bought? There is masses to experiment with!!

Hope to hear just how you got on - yeah?

Regards

Grazie

Thanks! I got it after doing what you said and playing around with the effects. I appreciate it a lot.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    Are working with Vegas Pro7?

If so this is what I have done in the past:

1] Right click on the Audio Event

2] From the Pop-Up Menu, select "Apply Non-Real time Event FX..."

3] Once into the "Plug-in Chooser", and from the AUDIO "Tree", select the Sony Folder and then the "Parametric EQ" and hit the "ADD" button on the RIGHT of the Plug-in chooser window and click "OK".

4] Now you will have the "Parametric EQ" Menu in front of you. Select the "Phone Line effect" Preset.

5] To HEAR your selected Preset WITH your source Audio Media click on the "PLAY"Arrow - this is next to the "OK" button. I also apply the "LOOP" Preview button so that the audio loops while I can adjust the sliders - neat tip there!

Now, try experimenting with:

A - Centre frequency setting and move up/down from 900Hz to 5,000Hz - this will give you an amazing amount of variation. If you find it going it too quiet then try adjusting upwards the "AMOUNT" Vertical Slider.

B - Band width setting up to 3.3 gives some "nice" distortion too!!

C - Distortion Fx can be added as part of the plugin "chain" and add some more "line" distortion.

Once you are satisfied with your results, then you go "OK".

This WILL save a rendered WAV in the folder provided, and will automatically ADD this result as a TAKE to your exsisting Audio Event. You will see the Audio Event named as MyAudio (2/2) - this menas that this is TAKE 2 of a total of 2 takes. Neat eh?

Should you wish to revert to the original Audio, then just hit the "T" key and this will bring up the original. If you have made several TAKES, hitting the "T" key again and again will give you the option to rotate your selection until you have got back to the beginning!

I hope this hasd helped?

My guess is that you have come back here 'cos you could NOT see your way to the Phone Line FX? Not easy to discover - I agree. Bit of a layer too deep for the "starter" in Vegas. I understand that. Now, maybe that you have experimented thus far, you may wish to click on some more of those "options" and try and see what ELSE you have bought? There is masses to experiment with!!

Hope to hear just how you got on - yeah?

Regards

Grazie
    2 year bump!!

Thanks for the guide..it managed me to add the phone effect one time, now however when im gonna redo it im failing for some reason i cant figure out.

Can someone see what i have forgotten in this pic?
    this is what i do, a bit compressed

after im done with the above no sound have changed thou

shouldnt any soundfile lying (in this case "track 4") change sound as soon as i klick ok after touching thoose sliders alot

if i do it right, could it be cause i have not media manager installed, i dont know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast