Thread: lip sync external audio help needed

Unhappy lip sync external audio help needed

Hello,
    I have been producing a video for a friend who is a music artist. I videoed the concert onto a canon Mini DVD camcorder and I recorded the sound onto Mini Disc directly from the mixing desk. My idea was to replace the camcorder sound with the superior audio on the the Mini Disc, however When I manage to match them up at the begining they quickly drop out of sync, it's noticeable after only one minute. I had presumed that it would be a straighforward task but obviously it isn't, Am I right in presuming this is somthing to do with the camcorders frame rate?

I am transfering the footage to the computer as an AVI file and I have used various video editing programmes but this problem persists with them all. I wonder if anybody might know a simple easy way around this problem? If you can help I should be very grateful.
    Kindest regards
    Gerald

Blog Entries

I am suprised they are out of sync to be honest, and i cant think how this has happened. Many editors have a 'rubber band' tool where you can time stretch on the timeline by eye - have you used an editor that can do that? What editors have you access to ?

You might like to have read through this procedure I posted on another forum:

My Video Problems :: View topic - Synchronise external and camera audio tracks.

It may seem a bit long winded, but you only have to do it once, and then use the resulting figure to correct future sound 'sync' problems, when using the same equipment. Unfortunately, it's a real pain trying to do it within the video editing software - the best you can hope for is to do it in very small chunks --- very time consuming!

If you follow the procedure described, you should be able to do the whole thing in one hit!!