Thread: How to Rotate a Video Clip

Default How to Rotate a Video Clip

By accident, I turned my digital camera on its side whilst taking a video clip, which means that it has now viewed on my screen on its side! My digital camera produces video files in .mov format. This file format does not appear to be recognized by Windows Movie Maker, which, I know has the facility to rotate files.

Unfortunately, the side effects using Windows Movie Maker, having converted to both .wmf and .avi via Cinema Forge, are that the image is squashed, and, more importantly, the picture quality is pretty bad, compared with the original. mov file

Hopefully, there will be a simple answer? I hope so!

Thanks,

Tosh

I did this too, the video needs to be rotated.. did you find out how to do it?

just get virtualDub and use the "rotate" filter. You can then export it as a avi
    -Ethan

cool thanks etharooni, i'll give it a try.
    awesome

so far Rotate Video Tool seems ok, take a look at the trial if you want

6. Default Hello,

You can rotate your videos in windows movie maker import the movie then add it to the story board then right click it then click on video effect then scroll down to you see rotate then flip it to 270 degrees depending on your situation -then click on save movie file

the issue about rotating of discreet quantities is an old issue,
    how often does a video need to rotate just few degress instead of 90 or 180 or 270,
    what if you did not orient the video just for 4-5 degrees,
    that's why i prefer Rotate Video
    And consider that i got an email last week for the new version, downloaded as free update since i am already a customer. These ones are things that are quite important when you buy a product, especially if you save many $$

Quote Originally Posted by Tosh McCaber View Post
    By accident, I turned my digital camera on its side whilst taking a video clip, which means that it has now viewed on my screen on its side! My digital camera produces video files in .mov format. This file format does not appear to be recognized by Windows Movie Maker, which, I know has the facility to rotate files.

Unfortunately, the side effects using Windows Movie Maker, having converted to both .wmf and .avi via Cinema Forge, are that the image is squashed, and, more importantly, the picture quality is pretty bad, compared with the original. mov file

Hopefully, there will be a simple answer? I hope so!

Thanks,

Tosh

Here is some software i found about a year ago it will flip any video from any recorded angle to the correct position. I couldn't find the website again so i upped it to Hotfile. As with any software on install uncheck the boxes so u dont install the ask toolbar and reset your homepage etc. And always virus scan any files from a source you dont know.

Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: VideoFlipAndRotate .exe

Leslie