Thread: How can I remove a still image that appears when I stop a video?

Question How can I remove a still image that appears when I stop a video?

Hi,

I am a novice Adobe premiere 2.0 user.

I have been editing a video created by a colleague who is no longer here - we needed to remove content referring to a particular name. This is all done and works perfectly, except that when the video is paused or stopped a still image appears with that name on it!!!

I cannot find where that image is located (and I don't know what it's called). Could anyone tell me how I can remove it? if I can't we won't be able to use the video and after all the effort we've put in that would be a shame!

Waiting hopefully for help!

Jacki

I do not believe I understand your problem.

In Premier Pro 2 (or probably every other NLE) if the image is not on the timeline then it will never be seen when viewing the movie.

You cannot contrive to have a movie that when the timeline is paused a differnet image will show up.

Just guessing but if this type of thing is happening then it should resolve itself with a full re-render or export. PPro may be 'remembering' a previous render from when the original footage/image was used. Force a re-render and see if ti goes away.

rest assured though, if it's not on the timeline then there is no way it can appear when the movie is paused.