Thread: What Version of Pro??

Default What Version of Pro??

After doing some research on some editing programs, I think I'm going to vacate the Pinacle, and enter the adobe world.

I'm probably going to buy an older version of Premiere Pro (eg - 1.5). My plan is to use it for a while and get the hang of it, then buy the most recent upgrade from Adobe.

Does it matter what version of Pro I go with, because there seems to be several? Which would be best for someone learning the Adobe "ropes" before upgrading to the most advanced version.

Predator

Well Mr. Pred. Premiere Pro comes in versions 1, 1.5, 2 and now CS3 (if it's actually started shipping yet).

They will all allow you to learn the ropes. The fundamental workflow has not changed in the four versions but individual features have.

For example, if you are interested in editting in high def then you need v1.5 patched to 1.5.1 to even think about it.

If you want to edit from multi cameras then (unless you want to do it manually) you need v2 as a minimum.

So then, putting th eball firmly back in your court, do you have any special features you must have?

Thanks Alan,

As of right now I don't use HD, and only download footage from one camera. I'm still fiarly new to the editing scene, so I'm not totally sure what you mean by editing from multi cameras.

I would however like the option to go to HD in the near future. For now I'd still like to keep it simple while I learn a new program.

Thanks again for the advice, I sure wish I new about this forum long ago!

Pred