Thread: Movie Length Query

Default Movie Length Query

Another query - at the moment using Studio 7, I try to limit my movie lengths to no more than 20 mins to avoid gliches when rendering, and if I have something that's 30 mins, I normally split it into two 15 min bits. Was just wondering how this compares to the newer versions of Studio - can you make longer movies without problems or is it more dependent on the type of computer you have?

Thanks

Good question and one that I am interested in. I had 7 and now I have 9 and would like to see the capture time go from 18 and a few seconds to as long as I want. I cna't find anything in the owners manual to help though.
    Dave B

Seems to me these are two different questions. I don't know if my experience can answer either, but here goes.

I have Studio 8, and I do make one hour movies on occasion, so it obviously can. Whether my ability to do so is down to the computer, not just Studio 8 I don't know.

As for capture, I was limited to 17 mins 55 secs when my hard drive was FAT32, as that was how much video I could get for 4 gig, which is the max file size under FAT32. Now my hard drive usues NTFS and I have no file size limit and can capture any amount of video. I have winXP, whether you can use NTFS with any other operating system I don't know for sure but I think you have to have 2000, NT or XP.

Does that help?

Cheers

Gillian
    Win XP, Athlon 1.8, G force 3 T, 1 60gig drive + 1 250 gig, Pinnacle Studio 9 plus mostly, Premiere 6, and Vegas 5 sometimes, Soundforge, Cool Edit.