Thread: Indiana Jones Style Map Help

Default Indiana Jones Style Map Help

I am working on a school slideshow from a trip to China. I thought it would be cool if I could make an Indiana Jones style map, you know, where the line draws it self on the map from one point to another. I have Premiere Elements 3.0. I have tried doing it in Wax and I am very close, but for some reason the line does not appear.

Can anyone help me? It doesn't have to be done in WAX, I just heard that was easier or better or whatever.

njo idea what WAX is (in this context anyway ) but the key to this type of effect is top basically draw the line you want and then just reveal it over time using masking techniques of your own choice/preference.

Thanks for the reply, but can you go into a little more detail, I'm very new to video editing and I don't know what to do.

OK, draw your map as a big image. And I mean much bigger than your video size. Make sure you save it in some form of layeres image file that can be imported into Premiere Elements and the layers preserved. Assuming Elements is like Pro then PSD files should work great.

In your image editor, on another layer draw your line that you want to animate. Easy eh?

Now import the layered image into Premiere as a sequecne, i.e. preserving the layers.

Your image will bemuch larger than your video project size. This is good.

Drage and drop the two layers onto your timeline and animate the two layers together using standard location and movement keyframe techniques (if this doesn't mean anything to you then you have some quality time overdue with your user manual or online help).

So now you have a video of your mape and line moving nicely across the screen right? So let's revealt he line over time shall we.

Drage and drop a four point garbage matt on the layer that is your line. Now simply keyframe the position of the matt over time so it looks like the line is drawing itself as the image moves across the map.

Thanks for the help that worked well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stackattack0821 View Post
    Thanks for the help that worked well.
    I'd love to see a snippet of the results.