Thread: Clip duration

Default Clip duration

Hi all,

I'm doing my first project with Vegas and I'm looking for a way to set clip duration precisely by just typing it in. For instance, I have a picture I'd like to last 3 seconds. I'd like to avoid dragging the edges of the clip and try to get the exact duration. Is there a way to just type in the duration?

Thanks for your help.

Benoit

Blog Entries

Yes.

OPtions > preferances > Editing > New still image length (seconds).

Thanks for your quick reply.

How do I change a clip duration after it's been inserted? The only way I found so far is to double click on the clip then change the duration on the lower right corner. Then the highlighted region changes and it gives me a line onto which I can drag and snap to. Is there a better way to do this?

Is there a way to set a precise duration for the transitions as well?

Best regards,

Benoit

What Mark has given you is a great Global way of setting the default STILL length.

What I might offer is less of a global action. I read your "For instance, I have a picture I'd like to last 3 seconds" - that knida implies that you already have it IN te project. Use Edit Detail View [EDV] - you'll see it there under VIEW.

1/- CLICK on the STILL

2/- Open EDV and chose "Selected Events" - you should now see THAT event/Still for changing

3/- Type directly onto "Length"

DONE!

Now, and here's a real neat tip!!

Select several Events already on the Timeline. Now using EDV HIGHLIGHT all the LENGTHS and yes . . you got it! Just type in directly the length you want, press ENTER and all the Events change too! DONE!

OK, 'cos you HAVE changed their lengths you WILL have gaps. But I BET there is a "Remove GAPS Script"out there?!??

And that's how I would change the length of ONE or several OR Selection of stills.

Another way is to do it VIA Trimmer. In Trimmer you can TYPE the length for a loop region and then either DRAG and plop OR use FROM Cursor Command.

I like the EDV 'cos you can "pick-off" the stills you want to change on block.

Hope that helps.

Grazie

Blog Entries

Just change the duration by dragging the end with the lmb.

Transition lehgth is dispalyed in a small box in the middle of the transition. You may need to zoom in to see it.