Thread: hey, need help with project! please!!

Talking hey, need help with project! please!! calling all video editers!

hi! i need help with my school project.. im using adobe premiere 2.0 and after effects 7 !
    ok, so, i want to make a video just like this one :

YouTube - Mandy Moore - Extraordinary

(mandy moore- "extraordinary" video)
    i think its soo cool!

i filmed myself holding a pose for like 10 seconds each pose.
    infront of a green screen.

how do i make it so the clips roll up like in the video??

can someone tell me the steps i have to take using premiere or after effects?? thanks!!! :
    Last edited by yoyoyo123; 06-06-2007 at 12:12 AM.

Do it all in AE7.

Remove the green screen of each clip using the Keylight plugin (you may need the Pro version for it though)

All you then need to do is animate the position of each clip along the timeline. You'll get better results by using the motion tracking tool each time on the layer below.

For extra credit you can then go back in an d apply faux shadows to give the effect some realism.

All you need then is some crappy song to put over the whole thing

Here's a touch that should make it easier.

Create a composition that's a lot larger than what your final video output will be, and hopefully large enough to hold all your clips in their positions so as they apear on screen at the same time. Position your shots in their in their places, and position them on the timeline for when they are going to show up in the video.

Now put this composition inside your standard video size composition and animate it's position/zoom/rotation over time with keyframes.

I've never done something like this with a composition of the screen size you would need for your clips. Perhaps there is a maximum screen size (I'm not sure) or perhaps a computer may start to struggle at certain sizes depending on the RAM (again I'm not sure).

It may be that you have to do this with a few larger compositions, and animate them along the time line (motion tracked to each other).

David.

Sorry to disagree Dave but I'm not sure I'd go wioth that suggestion, if I understand you right.

have all clips on a single large composition. This would mean that at any one time you are rendering ALL your clips rather than just the one or two being displayed on that frame.

If the clips were arranged in the timeline so as they weren't all on screen at the same time surely this shouldn't be the case. They'd overlap just the same as before.

Just that they are all in one big frame that is then animated (in position) to apear where desired in a smaller frame.

Is this right?

David.

Ah, ok I see where you're going with this. I pictured your previous message as having one composition of dimensions upmteen thousand in height and standard DV width. Precomp that and then drop it in a standard PAL dimension comp and animate it. needless to say, this would have been extra work.

yeah, I think we're on the same wavelength

It's a strange one to explain. I think that you almost had what I meant right first time, except all the video's wouldn't play from the start of the composition to the end.

The video layers only start and end as and when they will come in and out of the final standard size output frame.

Initially there is a bit more work. It's just really creating one more comp and working within that before putting it back to a standard size comp.

I'm sure it would cut down on motion tracking and tuning the motion afterwards.

Both would work though, it's just another means to an end.

David.

Quote Originally Posted by david walsh View Post

The video layers only start and end as and when they will come in and out of the final standard size output frame.
    For sure. I assumed that was a given. tbh I think we're dancing around this and both using different words to describe the same thing. We must be right then.

I recon so.

I'd need to sit in front of a computer to comunicate this stuff properly.

David.