Thread: Title effects

Default Title effects

Hey guys, im new to the forum and the first thing id like to ask is about titles. are film quality titles done with such programs as adobe after effects? or 3D studio max? Also if i got after effetcs can i use it with sony vegsa? thanks

Western Europe

Purchasing After Effects to only make titles is a bit of a waste of money, it is intended to be a motion graphics application for such things as special effects, blue/green screen work, animation, title generation, colour correction and particle generation to mention just a few of the tricks it has up its sleeve. All video editing programs have built in title generation from the likes of Movie Maker 2 all the way up, it really depends on what you want to do. Personally, I think using computer generated titles in all your video productions gets a bit tedious after a while and you should try and make your own from time to time... children's letter blocks, fridge magnet letters, signposts, notices announcing events, drawing titles in the sand at the beach with a stick, writing on a blackboard, just use your imagination. If you already have Sony Vegas then you don't need another source of title generation unless you are going to get into After Effects big time.