Thread: exporting a 1.43min clip and its huge!

1. Default exporting a 1.43min clip and its huge!

I have a small clip I want to export from premiere pro and I just cant get it smaller than 20mb
    Its only 355x288 and has mp3 music over the top. Its taken from a phone, so it was converted from gp4 to avi to allow me to get it into premiere and the music is from an MP3

Does anyone have any suggestions on which settings to use to get it down to a resonable size.

All depends on what you want and what project settings you have.

your clip may be small dimensions but if your started with a high def project template and exported as lossless AVI then it will be big, for example.

Make sure your project dimensions are the same as your clip dimensions.

Then decide where you'll be delivering the final movie. Web or DVD or elsewhere?

If it's web then deice on your favourite format WMV, MOV etc and simply export as one of the standard templates for that type in media exporter. If you choose wmv and choose the 128Kbps template you should get it nice and small - for example.

3. Default

hmm, I didnt see any web template.
    I started off with a desktop setting of the same size of the video.
    I'll have another look through the export options but im sure I didnt see anything like you said.

It is for the web.

4. Default

i go to export and hen I click settings and I dont see anything with WMV. I can see mov but when I exported it was over 500mb...

not in front of me but you need the option under 'File' that reads 'Media Encoder' (or similar).

In that there is a dropdown option top-right where you can choose the type and from that you can choose many many further tunable options.

6. Default

ahha!! I never knew that option existed, how dumb do i feel. Has everything ive ever needed.
    Is that something that is new with this version or did premiere pro2 have it?

Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by rgrebby View Post
    ahha!! I never knew that option existed, how dumb do i feel. Has everything ive ever needed.
    Is that something that is new with this version or did premiere pro2 have it?

Thanks for the help.
    It was there back in PPro v1 even. May not have had all the whistles and bells but it was there.