Thread: rendering with changed rate and other questions

Default rendering with changed rate and other questions

I was wondering if there is any way than I can render my videos after I changed their rate? The rate goes back to normal after I try to render the clip. Or is there an other way to make your clips go faster or slower that also affects the sound?

Also, I was wondering where can I get some transitions or learn how to make some new effects with the videos, anything that will get me better at vegas?
    Thanks in advance

Hi! Your enthusiasm for this software is truly evident. And I applaud your wish to do more. Great!!

Regarding the "rate" thing, please explain, in detail what you are doing? I think you are using "rate" in 2 non-connected ways: Rate - as in SPEED=Velocity OR Rate - as in FRAMERATE=frames per second?

To change the velocity of WHAT you are seeing there has been much discussion on this forum about this. Please do a search here and all will be revealed to you!

As to your, "Also, I was wondering where can I get some transitions or learn how to make some new effects with the videos, anything that will get me better at vegas?" IMO, is far, far to broad a subject to be covered in any sensible way here on this forum . . hmmm. . .

Perhaps others will wish to chip in. For myself, I stand by Pablo Picasso's statement that: "Less IS More!" - works for me.

Let's hear more from you. Come back with precise and distinct issues and I'm sure there will be others who would be more than happy to share their ideas.

Best regards,

Grazie

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    Hi! Your enthusiasm for this software is truly evident. And I applaud your wish to do more. Great!!

Regarding the "rate" thing, please explain, in detail what you are doing? I think you are using "rate" in 2 non-connected ways: Rate - as in SPEED=Velocity OR Rate - as in FRAMERATE=frames per second?

To change the velocity of WHAT you are seeing there has been much discussion on this forum about this. Please do a search here and all will be revealed to you!

As to your, "Also, I was wondering where can I get some transitions or learn how to make some new effects with the videos, anything that will get me better at vegas?" IMO, is far, far to broad a subject to be covered in any sensible way here on this forum . . hmmm. . .

Perhaps others will wish to chip in. For myself, I stand by Pablo Picasso's statement that: "Less IS More!" - works for me.

Let's hear more from you. Come back with precise and distinct issues and I'm sure there will be others who would be more than happy to share their ideas.

Best regards,

Grazie

Heh, I should thank you for such a rich response.
    About the "rate", I'm changing it by moving the yellow curser under that line on the left side of the screen which hopefully represents the rate of the selected clip. I'm changing speed of the clip but I can't keep that adjustemnt and render the clip.
    I hope you understand better now. I'm guessing that is a problem concerning velocity so I will search around the board about that as well.
    Hmmm... about the other question, why is the forum so inadequate to speaking a little bit of it here?
    I'm trying to learn some new skills and it's not quite a help If I experimente all the time in such a big program. I'm interested in it's other abilities beside the basic ones...
    Thx for hel so far, looking forward to reading more replies!

I still dont follow you by "rate" - what do you mean by rate?

Vegas is essentially not a big program but a simple program. I'd avoid going off on one with transitions. The biggest way to spot an amature video is when people use crappie transitions like venitian blinds - it looks tacky!

If you want stuff to look good its all about timing. Get that right then simple fades and dissolves will be all u'll ever need.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelter View Post
    About the "rate", I'm changing it by moving the yellow curser under that line on the left side of the screen which hopefully represents the rate of the selected clip. I'm changing speed of the clip but I can't keep that adjustemnt and render the clip.
    I hope you understand better now. I'm guessing that is a problem concerning velocity so I will search around the board about that as well.

I have NO idea what you are referring to? What "yellow" line? Where on LEFT?

And just WHAT is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Shelter View Post
    I'm trying to learn some new skills and it's not quite a help If I experimente all the time in such a big program. I'm interested in it's other abilities beside the basic ones...
    Thx for hel so far, looking forward to reading more replies!
    Excellent that you wish to learn new skills - good! But Shelter, I'm truly having a real problem just understanding WHAT you are describing. I'm sorry. Tell me, Is English your first language? If not then maybe somebody here COULD direct you to another site? Vegas has taken off around the Planet and there are many "other" language" sites. However, if you DO wish to remain here, fine, but please explain more fully and with slightly more accuracy.

Again, sorry, but I don't understand your issue well enough to assist you further.

Best regards.

Grazie

Thanks for the advice irishmark, I avoid those tacky transitions as much as I can... I could never see an apropriate place in a video for them...
    Timing is the key
    As for the "rate"...
    I'm aiming at the the playback rate... My intention is to have a clip going at normal speed at a point and then later slowing it down or stoping it so I change color or something like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    Excellent that you wish to learn new skills - good! But Shelter, I'm truly having a real problem just understanding WHAT you are describing. I'm sorry. Tell me, Is English your first language? If not then maybe somebody here COULD direct you to another site? Vegas has taken off around the Planet and there are many "other" language" sites. However, if you DO wish to remain here, fine, but please explain more fully and with slightly more accuracy.

Again, sorry, but I don't understand your issue well enough to assist you further.

Best regards.

Grazie
    Eh... Sorry for the inaccurate questions, and I know they kinda lack description. English is not my first language, and I'm quite sure there isn't any site for vegas on my language.
    It's not like I have any direct questions, I only asked if there are some more advanced tehniques that are frequently used.
    Thanks again

to adjust the speed - right click on a clip,
    hit envelope,
    insert a velocity envelope
    add points on the line and move them up and down to change the speed.