Thread: Exporting Multiple sequences

1. Default Exporting Multiple sequences

I read that it is not a good idea to nest multiple sequences in one sequence and then trim it in Encore to need.

Why not??

Since there is no que for batch exporting multiple sequences like there is in AE, I like it when I put multiple sequences in one final sequence, leaving a few minutes of black in between each, then at night, before I go home I do an export and in the morning, the whole event is exported! If I do each sequence at a time, I would be sitting around for hours.

Do any of you also think that my way is no good? Why not?

Thanks.

I read, early on in Encore's life, that if you create two timlines of the same imported asset. make one of them the first half and one the second - as you describe - then you will effectively include two copies of your entire asset on the final DVD.

i.e. Clip = 2Gb.

Used twice but each frame only ever displayed once then disk size is 4Gb rather than the hoped for 2Gb.

This may not be true and i've never attempted to prove it one way or the other but I do remember reading it.

Alternatively, I am a great believer in the right tool for the right job. I conser the crop to be an 'edit' so it's better done in an editor.

I do agree with your actual issue though. Some sort of render queue like in After Effects would be very handy at times.

quick after thought that might work....

If you have After Effects then you can import a Premier pro project into your AE project. So why not import all your PPRo2 projects into a single AE project. They'll appear as seperate compositions. Add each to the render queue, press 'go' and get off to bed and check results in the morning.

And if you up the 16 bits (or higher) then you'll get a better result anyway, avoiding banding on your cross dissolves

4. Default

Wow, I didn't think of that. Since I work for someone and we use Matrox and all the export seetings were in presets before I came, I'll have to play around with this idea in AE and see how to set up the exports so the final DVD comes out in the standars my boss needs and how the AE works with Matrox (if at all).

I'll keep you posted.

5. Default

AE wants me to activate something to be able to use the MPEG-2 export. It says it's free and a one time thing but we don't have Internet on the editing computers, and besides, all the Matrox effects are messed up in the AE compossions. I'll have to look more into this when I have time. Good idea though.

What Matrox card you talking about there? If it's the RT.X100 then AE will not work with your Matrox projects as far as I know. The realtime capabilities and effects will only work in PPro.

Don't know if that's true for the new RT.X2 though.

But the good news though, is that you can get your MPEG2 exports out of PPro in realtime with that card.

7. Default re:

We have 3 computers. 2 have 100 and one has RT.X2 - I saw what you mean. Even the RT.X2 that DOES has the ability to export MPEG-2 Matrox, I don't think I'll be doing it this way until I play around with it cause the Matrox effects were messed up here too.

Maybe PPRO CS3 will have better function.