Thread: Pinacle VS Avid Liquid

Default Pinacle VS Avid Liquid

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum here, and looking for some advise on some editing programs.

I've been using Pinacle 9 and 10, but have experienced some problems with crashes, lock-ups ect. I've recently been getting into editing more and have been doing some small contracts for some companies.

I want to upgrade my program, and have been looking into Avid Liquid. It looked good until I realized it's a Pinacle program bought by Avid (I think thats how it worked).

Anyway, I was just wondering if the Avid Liquid program will have the same troubles as the Pinacle programs?

Yes, as far as I'm concerned Pinnacle has ruined liqued, vers 10 of studio uses the same engine as liqued, your better off useing sony vegas or adobe premiere, both make lite versions.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Great! Thanks for the info.

I just looked at the Adobe website, and all I could find is Premiere Pro, and Premiere Elelments.

You mentioned that Adobe has a Light version. Is this Elelments, or is there a program in the "middle of the Road" between Pro and Elements?

Thanks again

No, thats it elements. Sony has the vegas studio platnum ( about $100) the full version is vegas+dvd ( about $600)
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction