Thread: dcr-sr72e software help

Default dcr-sr72e software help

hi i am new to this forum and new to video editing i have tryed importing movie to windows movie maker but says somthing about too many fiers what ever that means the sony software is a bit crap u only get 3 title pages and thats it u can not add any more effects camcorder is good software is crap any one no what software will go with it caza

The camera you have is a hard-drive based model. It records video in MPEG format which is awkward to edit. Your editing options will open up if you convert your clips into DV AVI files before editing.

There are many threads on these forums which discuss such conversion. Have a search and see what you can find.

Good luck.

Witty signature text coming soon...

thanks bert do i need to get software to convert files love caza

This might do it: STOIK Video Converter (STOIK Video Converter 2.0) and it's free. Choose DV file output.

hi bert downloaded it it just keep saying source of clips can not be read i have put my mpeg cilp in input. then put output to video files then put out put format to dv avi file (pal) then save project does this sound right or am i doing it wrong love caza thanks for the link

Ah.

Stoik might be struggling with mpeg2 files.

Try Super instead: (Download links towards bottom of page)

SUPER videos

thanks bert it worked god what a wizz u are just one more thing how do i get better picture quality. i have run out of dvds i will have to go and get some more tomoz love caza

If I was intending to convert the footage from your camera into a format best-suited for editing, I would choose these settings for best output:

1. Output Container: avi

2. Output Video Codec: DV Digital Video

3. Output Audio Codec: WAV-(pcm.....)

4. In Audio Box, set Sampling Freq to 48000

I notice that Super has loads of output formats, including 'vob DVD compliant'. I really haven't played about with this setting though.

There isn't much help documentation for Super. However, if you're feeling brave, you could take a look at their user forums:

SUPERforum.