Thread: Sony SR190e & Mic ?!

Cool Sony SR190e & Mic ?!

Hiya.

I've just got a Sony SR190e and I'm looking for a decent mic for it. It doesnt have an external mic input and have to rely on the "Active Intelligent Shoe" .. as for budget.. less than 100 please as the camcorder would prodominantly be used for home movies but I have a wedding that I have been volunteered by in September 07..

Any suggestions ?

Oliver

Red face

Thanks Bert.

I've seen the Sony Mics but I've read mixed reviews on whether they really work .. have you had any experience with them ?

I'm struggling to find other Active Intelligent Shoe mics... any other suggestions ?

I hadn't even considered there being any third-party mics available. I presumed that only Sony models would work on Sony cameras.

I'd be really surprised if any third-party companies make mics that will fit in a Sony hotshoe. I suspect that we are talking 'proprietary technology' here. Most mic manufacturers make mics that can be used in a wider range of products/applications.

I've not had any experience of the Sony mics - I've always made sure that any camcorder I buy has a mic-in jack.

I fear your options are limited, I'm afraid....

BTW, how have you got on with editing (it being a hard-drive camera)?

Witty signature text coming soon...

HI Bret.

Thanks for the info.. I'm guessing that the Active Interface Shoe will soon be like the Bluetooth technology.. interchangable.

As for Edititing.. I have tried yet, but you can simply "drop and drag" videos like files onto your PC.. happy days.. the end of Video rendering !!

Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by bert6280 View Post
    I hadn't even considered there being any third-party mics available. I presumed that only Sony models would work on Sony cameras.

I'd be really surprised if any third-party companies make mics that will fit in a Sony hotshoe. I suspect that we are talking 'proprietary technology' here. Most mic manufacturers make mics that can be used in a wider range of products/applications.

I've not had any experience of the Sony mics - I've always made sure that any camcorder I buy has a mic-in jack.

I fear your options are limited, I'm afraid....

BTW, how have you got on with editing (it being a hard-drive camera)?