Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Reply: Sony Vegas 7.0 Platinum Bewteen Clips!

Default Please Reply: Sony Vegas 7.0 Platinum Bewteen Clips!

Hey everyone, i am doing a video project for my english class and i need an urgent reply to this:

How do you stick a clip between a clip in Sony Vegas 7.0 Platinum with out going over the other clip. what i am trying to do is the clip is basically between the other clips i have with out going over them!

REPLY IF U CAN!

thanks
    a great man once said: you should always try and never give up because if you give up you will never win!

Blog Entries

Make enough room between the clips by dragging them apart, then drag the other clip into the gap.

ok, i already have the clips together. how would i create a gap between the 2 clips with out shirking them and messing them up?
    a great man once said: you should always try and never give up because if you give up you will never win!

Blog Entries

Click on the clip you want to move and DRAG it to where you want.

I see what ur getting at but it cuts off some parts of my clip when i drag it...

You are asking perhaps THE most fundamental virtues of VEgas. Once you have grasped this, then the World's your Lobster!

The following are only samples:

3 Clips

A - B - C

A = 4 seconds

B = 3 seconds

C = 10 seconds

At present A & B are on the timeline and take up a space equivalent to 7 seconds - yes?

OK.

Now I want to add C. But C is 10 seconds long. Hmmm ? What do I do?

Well I can move Event A left to increase the gap to 10 seconds OR Event B 10 seconds to the right to do the same OR Event A 5 seconds to the left and Event B 5 seconds to the right OR .. getting the picture?

Whatever happens if you want ALL 3 Events on the timeline then you HAVE too provide space for it. Period!

And that's the way I do it. If you can do it any other way ( Shuffle Edit; Auto Ripple; Trimmer Subclip creation; Insert empty Event notwithstanding. . ) then tell me?

Best regards

Grazie

click in the middle and drag dont click near the leading/end edge which will only loop the clip

which i think is s stupid preset !!!

k, from what i read, it sounds like u want to split a clip. just get to the spot where u want to insert the clip, press "s" for split and then it is two seperate clips. then drag them apart and put the other clip inbetween

chris91?

Quote Originally Posted by Lindvideo15 View Post
    ok, i already have the clips together. how would i create a gap between the 2 clips with out shirking them and messing them up?
    That to me sounds like there IS separation already?

i kinda have a question considering this topic. once i get clips where i want them, for example i cut a clip acouple times (the same clip) i wanted to get it to the beat of music so i had to split acouple times. so im here with like three seperate clips of the same video, how do i connect them to be one? because wat i ended up doing was going from the original fx and copy and pasting them to the other two clips. instead of being able to do it just once.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast