Thread: DVD Flick Encoding Poorly

Default DVD Flick Encoding Poorly

I keep hearing all these great things about the freeware DVD Flick for authoring. I used it to burn some avi and mpeg files to DVD. I got really poor encoding. The movie picture cuts in and out every so often and the sound would stop - almost like when your digital cable is acting up. One movie was doing it every 5 minutes or so. Maybe I had some settings wrong? I shut down everything else on the computer, closed the network and internet connections, and the files to be burned were saved on my hard drive. Computer is a 2005 MCE by Dell - E1505 duo core processor, so I don't think my equipment was at fault. Has anyone else had this problem with DVD Flick?

I was able to burn it with no problems with Roxio MyDVD version 6. But I don't need a menu, so I was thinking I'd try out the free software that everyone recommends.

Is it just that you get what you pay for and commercial software just performs better?

The conclusion that you have come to is correct
    My System Specs:

Cameras: 2 x Canon XL1s
    Computer: Dual Intel Xeon 2.8Ghz processors (hyperthreaded) - Intel SE7505VB2 mother board - 2 Gb PC2100 RAM kingston -Adaptec FireConnect 4300 -2xseagate 10K scsi hdd 150G ea -2xseagate 7200 ide hdd 200G ea - Plextor PX-708A DVD burner - ATi Raedon 9800Pro video with Dual SUN 21\" monitors - Sound Blaster Platinum live!
    Software: Windows XP Pro with SP2 - Pyro Pro (adobe\'s premier pro, encore DVD, and audition bundle)

Try the free trial of Ulead Video Studio 11.