Thread: Blackmagic

Question Blackmagic

OK, I have a bit of time on my hands, so want to see if I can better aquainted with Vegas. (6.5) One of the things I disliked about it before was the preview. Apparently this can be much improved with a Blackmagic card. So can anyone tell me which one I need? And where's the cheapest place to buy it? I'm in the UK.

Blog Entries

I am certainly no expert here, but i understood that the blackmagic card just adds an sdi interface (a very high b width video standard), if they do make a 'vegas accelerator' I will fight you for the first.

Smoother preview = faster cpu (s)

Yup MArk is right - its not an accelorator at all.

While I love Vegas i find this to be its biggest downfall, mind you worrd on the grapevie is that they are working with hardware sony gurus to provide something in future versiions

Blog Entries

Yes, I read that somewhere, I am sure what I saw hinted at a cell processor based card... now that really would be cool, and sooo fast.

So I'm stuck with previewing via firewire?

Blog Entries

Yes - or on a pc mon, whats the problem with this for you ? A decnt cpu will render most stuff in real time, esp if u use lower quality settings.