Thread: Short Clubbing DVD Trailer

Default Short Clubbing DVD Trailer

Hi folks.

First off i would just like to say hello as this is my first post

I made this using Windows Movie Maker so i just thought i would stick it up to see if anybody can give me any pointers on where to go next ---> http://www.nioldskool.co.uk/bumblescrew/MOAR_DVD_Preview.wmv (Right Click,Save As)

It's nothing special but i will be making more DVD previews in future for other club nites the website im a Moderator on hosts so i want to go a step further in regards to software next time.

WMM is very basic which i like as it's very easy to use but i want software with funkier transitions & graphics available to use if you know what i mean.

I installed the latest Sony Vegas but i was completely lost so i think i made to big a jump,could someone suggest something more beginner friendly with more powerfull features than WMM but keeping it's drag & drop simplicity?

Thanks in advance to anyone who replys.

Cheers!

Ricky.
    Last edited by BumblesCrew; 05-25-2007 at 07:39 PM.

Blog Entries

Oh Lordy. Where to start?

Okay, first the health warning. This is my opinion about your video, it's not a comment on you as a person. It's not meant to be insulting or, in any way, to reflect on your personality.

In my opinion... The atmosphere of clubbing doesn't come across. The music doesn't really realate to the images in that I don't get the feeling that the clubbers are dancing to the music we're hearing. It's all a bit...sort of... sterile.

To start with, I would suggest getting in closer, showing individual dancers having fun, rather than small groups performing to the camera. It comes across as a piece of music which has had a few images pasted on top of it. Bear in mind that music which sounds great in the venue, doesn't necessarily make a good backing track for a video.

Sorry to be so negative but this is probably enjoyable if you know the people concerned but it doesn't do the club, or the event, justice.

Naw fair play mate there's no harm in a bit of constructive criticism

Just to point out tho i was'nt the one with the camera on the nite & tbh he did'nt do a very good job.

Cheers for the reply but my main question is about software so maybe i should of posted it in a different part of the forum but could you give me any input on the 2nd half of my original post?

It's nothing special but i will be making more DVD previews in future for other club nites the website im a Moderator on hosts so i want to go a step further in regards to software next time.

WMM is very basic which i like as it's very easy to use but i want software with funkier transitions & graphics available to use if you know what i mean.

I installed the latest Sony Vegas but i was completely lost so i think i made to big a jump,could someone suggest something more beginner friendly with more powerfull features than WMM but keeping it's drag & drop simplicity?
    Cheers!

Ricky.

Blog Entries

Sorry mate, somehow your question about sofware didn't sink into my (hungover) brain. I just automatically commented on the video.

HaHa no probs mate