Thread: Music video advice

Default Music video advice

I am making a music video for some friends in the summer, i think ive found a local location thats very nice-
    I was just wondering what to keep in mind when filming and editing, And if people have any tips on a good way to express the song IE-DO you do video to mirror the lyrics or do you have a small story going?

Ive just made one music video in my life. There is a link to it in my signature. It is from Goo Goo Dolls - Iris. Well from watching videos on TV, i would suggest that you tell the story, try not to stray too much from the lyrics. During a chorus, don't worry about what the shots are, they don't need to really come up with the words. Have a lot of specialty shots that show more and make it more interesting. And use a lot of special effects (but don't over do it.) Like if a disk is scratching, play the clip, reverse it, and play it again for effect. When the video editing syncs with the song, it looks really good.
    By the way- you won't be able to find any of these tips in my music video. It isn't very good lol

I love this video. Vimeo / Lip Dub - Flagpole Sitta by Harvey Danger It's just one of those lip-synching videos that people have made a million times, but these guys do it REALLY well. It's quite useful as inspiration for an easy-to-make music video. I think they do the whole thing in all one take but it looks great.