Thread: Software recommended for Sony HDD

Default Software recommended for Sony HDD

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone can recommend some software that will work with the files (Mpeg2) directly from my Sony HDD camcorder as it seems Windows Movie Maker doesnt support them. The simpler to use the better, i will only be doing basic video editings - free software is preferable

Thanks for your help in advance

Bridgstfer

First thing is mpeg video is hard to edit and come out well because its already compressed but since your stuck with mpeg I'd suggers vegas 7 its not free but you would not be happy with the free crap, remember you get what you pay for, Vegas has a lite version called studio platnum under $100 and its better the pinnacle studio and premiere elements plus you can upgrade to the full vegas later at a discount.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Quote Originally Posted by bridgstfer View Post
    Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone can recommend some software that will work with the files (Mpeg2) directly from my Sony HDD camcorder as it seems Windows Movie Maker doesnt support them. The simpler to use the better, i will only be doing basic video editings - free software is preferable

Thanks for your help in advance

Bridgstfer
    If it must be free then stick with windows movie maker. Just convert your mpeg files to DV AVI files and edit from there.

You could use a program called Vitrualdub in conjunction with a DV AVI codec. Read this thread for more info http://www.videoforums.co.uk/camcord...o-hdd-cam.html

Hi Guys,

Trying to use this VirtualDub to convert to DV AVI. Ive installed the codec but whenever I try to import one of the files from the camera I get this message:

MPEG Import Filter: invalid pack at postition 3: marker bit not set; possibly MPEG-2 stream

Any ideas whats wrong - ive tryed the stable and experimental verisons.

Thanks

Bridgstfer

Default Software

Hi there, I would recomend power director it is made by cyber link software. It is free and it has for conversion formats AVI, Mpeg1 Mpeg2 & Xvid. I use it to convert my Mpeg2 video to Mpeg1 so I can edit in Movie maker.

Good luck thgun2

Default Software problem

hi all,

i have a Sony DCR-SR90E HDD Camcorder. i have recently transfered all movie file ova to my computer via USB (dont have firewire port). however when i go to add the camcorders movie files to a programme such as windows movie maker the programme freezes and have to end task.

any ideas on wat the problem is and how to resolve??

cheers!