Thread: Powerdirector 6 Menu Problem

Unhappy Powerdirector 6 Menu Problem

Hi

First let me say I am not very knowledgable with this - big learning curve for me - don't even watch DVD's much so even using the remote takes some thinking about .

I've done some basic DVD production but now have one with 6 videos on one DVD. I have a menu showing all 6 but about 8 seconds after the DVD is loaded and displaying the menu, it starts playing the first video, giving me no chance to select which one I want. It doesn't do it on the preview in Powerdirector but it does when I put the DVD into an ordinary player or play it on the computer from the saved disc files.

I guess I must be doing something stupid but I just can't see where in Powerdirector I have set this (or not 'unset' it).

If I change template the amount of time it waits before starting varies.

Also does anyone know if I can download extra templates?

Can anyone help?

Thanks, Gay
    55 year old housewife trying to cope with new technology for the grandkids!

Welcome to the forum! To me it sounds like you have it set to auto start. I don't user powerdirector but it must have that setting.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Hi

Thanks for the reply. It co-incided with one from Cyberlink. I am speechless! What do I do now?

In regard to your issue, we would like to tell you that this is a bug in the PowerDirector 6 software and we have already escalated this issue to the R & D department and they will soon resolve this issue.

We deeply regret for the inconvenience caused.

This makes the software pretty much unusable for me. Is there anything you can suggest to get round the problem?

the only thing I could suggest is try another software, I would recomend the sony vegas software, They have a 3 week full functional trial, so if anything you could work for 3 weeks?
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction