Thread: How to Resize a Video?

Default How to Resize a Video?

Hey guys I'm using Sony Vegas 7 Full Edition and I'm wondering how I can resize a video track. Basically I'd like to resize a track (Make it smaller) and place it over another video track. I did this just now but I used the cropping/panning method and I lost my video because it actually cropped instead of resized, so I'm wondering if there's a way to do this. Thanks!

Pan and crop, just grab the corner and size and move it how ever you like.

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

Sorry for double posting, but I figured it out. In the cropping/panning dialog I just made the square bigger. Anyways, I want to apply a generated media 'Elliptical Transparent to Black' to the whole track and THEN resize them both, but for some reason it's not working. So I guess my question is how can I apply the generated media to the whole track, thanks guys!

I think I figured it out, I just made a new video track for the generated media and then simply resized them and placed them both in the exact same places. However, the resized video is still rectangular. Take a look at a screenshot to see what I mean. Thanks!
    Last edited by blankdenim; 05-24-2007 at 07:38 PM.

i didn't wanna make a new thread for this similar question, but how can i pan and crop at the same time? when i crop (the edges off), and then pan, the edges that i cut off comes back when i move the little rectangle sideways