Thread: a bit of a problem

Default a bit of a problem

my programe for editing is ulead video editor. im wanting to put my final version of my film to dvd. the file it is making is dvp, i then make that in to mpeg. the film then comes out really bad like shacky lines side to side. should i leave it in dvp ? thx in advance paul ....
    pc specs
    p4 2.8
    1gb ddr ram
    120 gb hard drive
    ge force 4 ti 4600
    sound card sound blaster 5.1
    thats about it really

Default Re: a bit of a problem

Quote Originally Posted by PMAC
    my programe for editing is ulead video editor. im wanting to put my final version of my film to dvd. the file it is making is dvp, i then make that in to mpeg. the film then comes out really bad like shacky lines side to side. should i leave it in dvp ? thx in advance paul ....
    I assume you are watching the final film (the one with the "shacky lines!" on a p.c) if thats the case burn it to a Re-Writable DVD and see how it looks on a t.v chances are you will be suprised at the difference in quality.

I seem to remeber one of the experts on here mentioning de-interlance with could be part of the problem, but im sure one of the experts will be along in a moment too shoot my theory down in flames!!

Mike

unfortunitly that is the dvd version i watched, it was put from video to dvd then from dvd . put through DVDx to get it on my pc, from there i put it in my ulead video editor, changed a lot of stuff but whilst u r messin with it. It stays as a dvp what ever that is, i then changed it to mpeg. then burnt it to dvd using nero burning rom the mpeg looks, fine on windows media player. but when i played it on my dvd player it kinda stank a lot well hope that help you experts out a bit. in the hope you can help me out.

again thx in advance for any help Paul ..............
    pc specs
    p4 2.8
    1gb ddr ram
    120 gb hard drive
    ge force 4 ti 4600
    sound card sound blaster 5.1
    thats about it really

Blog Entries

Ouch, that's a lot of transcoding. Artifacts will appear each time you encode and it's best to keep this to a minimum.

Marc is right on this. In fact there is no need to do this much encoding.

Certainly in Video Studio 8 it is possible to go straight ot the create DVD stage without any encoding. Once you have edited your movie to your satisfaction simply click the 'Share' tab and select 'Create Disc'. That way you will only be encoding once, and at that your final movie.

Incidentally I am puzzled by the DVP reference (did you mean VSP (Video Studio Project)?)
    COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.