Thread: Narration in Vegas

1. Default Narration in Vegas

Hi all,

I'm adding some narration to the project i'm working on and I've just seen all the different Track FX options you can add to effect the audio in some way.
    Does anyone have any suggestion of any to use with narration, things that might give the dialogue more punch, reduce background hum, anything really that makes it sound more professional! It's a documentary so I don't need any of the fancy special effects like echo etc..

Does anyone who uses narration use particular Sound FX options without fail every time?

Cheers

Dan

It all depends on what your aiming to accomplish, I would use track compression though 6:1 or 3:1 depending.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboyslim View Post
    ....I'm adding some narration to the project i'm working on and I've just seen all the different Track FX options you can add to effect the audio in some way.
    Does anyone have any suggestion of any to use with narration, things that might give the dialogue more punch, reduce background hum, anything really that makes it sound more professional! It's a documentary so I don't need any of the fancy special effects like echo etc....
    There is absolutely no substitute for recording it as well as you can to begin with. Making sure there is zero background noise, using a pop shield on the mic, listening to yourself on cans as you do it.....

If you record it well, you shouldn't need any FX at all.

All of the above advice. YES!!

Plus: If the naration sounds to .. f-l-a-t and b .. o . . r . .i . . n .. g is to slightly speed it up.

You would be surprised just how this makes the listen take note .. and, not drop off to Slzzzeeeeep . .. Just a touch, mind you! You DON'T want 'em to sound like the Chipmonks!

Does anybody here even REMEMBER the Chipmonks?

Blog Entries

Oh.... and use a decent Mic. That alone will help you so much more than you might imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    All of the above advice. YES!!

Plus: If the naration sounds to .. f-l-a-t and b .. o . . r . .i . . n .. g is to slightly speed it up.

You would be surprised just how this makes the listen take note .. and, not drop off to Slzzzeeeeep . .. Just a touch, mind you! You DON'T want 'em to sound like the Chipmonks!

Does anybody here even REMEMBER the Chipmonks?
    Sure, I grew up on the chipmunks, Alvin was my idol...lol ( I wonder if thats why I got in so much trouble???)
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction