Thread: Can I do these credits in Vegas 7.0e

Default Can I do these credits in Vegas 7.0e

Hey folks,
    Here's a video of some credits that i really like. I'm just wondering if it's possible to do the same credits in Vegas? If it's just a matter of getting a certain font. what type of font is? How do they make it stand out like that and look chunky?

Thanks

yes you can do something like that, I'm guessing that they used after effects though, but if you play around with vegas you can come up with some thing close.

you can get fonts at dafont.com even bluff titler might have something
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Vegas presently doesn't do 3-D to text in the way you want it.

There're are a number of lower priced packages that others have used that could fit your bill - try

Budget priced Bluff titler: BluffTitler DX9: Realtime 3D Video Titling, Motion Graphics and VJ Effects

or

More expensive - but maybe they do a "lite" version - is Prodad Heroglyph : proDAD - Heroglyph and Heroglyph Rapid

I don't use either. I have Boris Graffiti 3. Had it for 4 years and I still can't make it work the way I want.

However . . .

Onlooking AT the sample video a bit further, I feel we aren't actually looking at a Text "TEXT" Editor output. To me it looks like a 3-d GRAPHIC from a graphics package that has been given some movement and zoom?

Do you have a simple Graphics package that WILL do 3-D?

Grazie

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    ....However . . .To me it looks like a 3-d GRAPHIC from a graphics package that has been given some movement and zoom....

Thats exactly what it is. Personally I think it looks pretty cheap and nasty too. Suits the product admirably.

Quote Originally Posted by Turn Media View Post
    Thats exactly what it is. Personally I think it looks pretty cheap and nasty too. Suits the product admirably.
    Ouch! Thats harsh, I did the same sport untill I damaged my knee beyond repair.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

lol. Thanks for the replies folks. I had a look at Download fonts | dafont.com and got a few 3d fonts that look quite similar, so thanks for that link.

To make the text move, keyframes in Pan/crop sounds good to me. Zoom right out, and move the text just off the screen, then a few frames later move it up and zoom right in. I'm afraid I'm still a bit newbie when it comes to video editing in Vegas or any other program so if there's another, better way, giz a shout.

I'll check out ProDad and Blufftitle. Cheers for that.

Cheap and nasty? I don't think that would be an accurate description of Mixed Martial Arts but as for The Ultimate Fighter reality series......yup, I agree

To give FURTHER life to these titles, you might want t applied some Deform OR Spherize Fx and "wipe" the faces of the Text with them?