Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video Within Video?

Default Video Within Video?

Hey guys how's it going? Anyways, I was just wondering if it were possible to embed a video within another one and kind of make it translucent. Basically I'd like to achieve a sort of 'dreamy' or 'idea' effect where I have a video of someone with an expression of her thinking then a bit above her head add a resized video and make it seem kind of foggy or semi-transparent, making it roundish would be even better instead of having it square but that's the least of things. Anyways, I was just wondering if it were possible to achieve this effect and if so if you could please tell me what things I'd need. I don't necessarily need step by step instructions (Although I'd really appreciate them) if it's something straightforward, just would like to know what tools to use and a run down on how to do it would be great.

Thanks for your time guys I really appreciate it.

What are you editing in? What software package?

Oh sorry! I thought this was a Sony Vegas only forum haha. I'm using Sony Vegas, sorry, will remember to say that in all my posts from now on. Thanks!

What hes getting at is what version Vegas 7(e) +DVDA 4 (the full vesion) or vegas studio or platnium ec... You would most likly need the full version to do what you want.

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

Oh haha sorry, yeah I have Sony Vegas 7 the full version, thanks!

Nobody knows? :(

Put your main video on track 2, the video you want to overlay on track 1 and pan and crop ( hoovere over the symbols nect to the time line to find it ) add track fx to change opacity)

Also look here: :: View Forum - Newsletter Archive

I would suggest registering so you can ask questions if needed

Software Used:

I couldn't find the pan/crop button(S) I only found 'Video Event Pan/Crop' when I right click on the track, I tried this and resized the little circle with the F in the middle and moved it to the top right and played the video but now it just shows like, the video zooming in at a certain point, I'll try and change the opacity.

I got it thanks man it works now! However the problem now is that the video is rectangular, I mean, that's obvious, but is there a way I can apply a mask so that it's roundish? Preferably I'd like the border of the roundish to fade out, I'm trying to make it look kind of like a dream bubble, but it's not a big deal, was just wondering, thanks again I appreciate it!

Also, is there a way I can resize the video instead and then place it somewhere ontop of the other video? Instead of cropping, which ends up showing less of the video, thanks!
    Last edited by blankdenim; 05-24-2007 at 06:43 PM.

Use constrain proportions to keep the right aspect ratios, If you use the pan and crop tool you should not lose any part of your video. The cookie cutter tool will let you make your circle.

Software Used:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast