Thread: I want to set myself alight.

Default I want to set myself alight.

I'm making a video response to a video on youtube, and I wan't to express my somewhat strange anger... Are there any effects I could use to set myself alight as I spin around?

I'm new to After Effects so I don't really know how it all works.

Probs best to do the deo of trapcode Particular. Then use the fire presets and play around with it. Alterntivly, Go to your local petrol station adnd buy some petrol and matches ( No please don't)

FX Home FX Lab has a nice particle generator and lots of presets (Including fire) It shoud be easy to set up a particle generation zone that conforms to your body shape and keyframe animate it.

Haha Luke, maybe I should try the petrol idea. And I think I'll look into into that Mark.

Using the particle engines as suggested will get you on your way but it will take a lot of effort to get right and then I'm not convinced it will ever look really 'real'. It's why Hollywood pay stunt men a fortune to be set on fire. Special FX just don't look right for this.

It's just a short video for youtube where I get pissed off, set myself alight and spin around on my chair. I don't really mind if the fire looks comical.

These same particle engines tend to do explosions just as easily. Maybe your head should explode instead/as well. Easier to make it look right too.