Thread: Music Video Creation

Default Music Video Creation

I am totally stuck...

Im looking for video editing software in which i can tag images or video clips to certain parts of he songs structure. I know its possible but not sure which software is best for it.

In a perfect world I would like to be able to see the wave form of the sound in order to count the beats and insert images or movie clips by stretching them either between beats or bars and phrases of the music.

Which software is best for this purpose.

Im not sure whether its better to do this by manualy calculating the beats per second or seconds per beat/bar and making short clips of animations, movies and plain image shots and then dropping them in but thats going to take much longer.

Any ideas anyone ?????????

With after effects, You can use a trapcode plugin called Sound Keys, Which I belive makes a keyframe on evry beat, Out of intrest do you have any video editing experancE?

That trapcode plugin is supposed to be very good, generating keyframes at just about every beat.

However, all versions of Premiere allow the user to see the audio waveform and so you can do what you want manually. I imagine just about every NLW will allow you to see the waveform also.

I believe the technique is called 'cutting to the beat'. As said before, applications such as Adobe Premiere Pro will allow you to view the audio track to see a waveform. You can either listen to the audio track and count beats or see a noticable change in the waveform. You have to cut the video you have into clips, some short some long (never the same length) and place them above the parts of the audio track between one beat and the next. Now that may be a count of four, eight or sixteen. I would go for the four or eight. Also when there is a noticable change in the piece of music you can use this as an audio transition in much the same way we use visual transitions like dissolves and wipes. So put down the audio track(s) first and then put the video clips on top of it to fit between one noticable beat and the next noticable beat.

I use the waveform image on the audio track to edit to the beat as well.

I also have a very crude, but effective, method. As the music is playing in the time line, tap your finger on the * key in time to beats at which you want to place the cuts. When you stop playback, you will see a series of markers on the timeline, corresponding to the points at which you tapped the * key. These will give you a good indication of where the edit points need to be.

If you can tap your fingers precisely to the beat, then this method can work great.

Thanks for the technique bert6280, I'll certainly give it a try the next time I'm cutting to the beat. I take it that's the asterisk key you are referring you?

Thanks for the technique bert6280, I'll certainly give it a try the next time I'm cutting to the beat. I take it that's the asterisk key you are referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony View Post
    Thanks for the technique bert6280, I'll certainly give it a try the next time I'm cutting to the beat. I take it that's the asterisk key you are referring to?
    Yep - on the numberpad