Thread: my video footage is lining ??

Default my video footage is lining ??

Hi, excuse me all.
    I wanna ask about video quality.
    Yesterday I captured video that shooted by Panasonic AG-DVX102B cam, when capturing process, it's fine, but after I play it on editing software [I use combustion 4.0 & premiere 2.0], the video contains line or you can see the example (zoom it...and you'll see the picture is liny...),but the example below shooted using miniDV cam]

why my video become like this? I think maybe there is something wrong with my editing software, but when I try it using other video footage, but it's ok...

Could somebody help me? I really confused by this....huikz..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by rendyka View Post
    Hi, excuse me all.
    I wanna ask about video quality.
    Yesterday I captured video that shooted by Panasonic AG-DVX102B cam, when capturing process, it's fine, but after I play it on editing software [I use combustion 4.0 & premiere 2.0], the video contains line or you can see the example (zoom it...and you'll see the picture is liny...),but the example below shooted using miniDV cam]

why my video become like this? I think maybe there is something wrong with my editing software, but when I try it using other video footage, but it's ok...

Could somebody help me? I really confused by this....huikz..
    Did you shoot progressive or interlaced?
    What are your project setting in premiere, could you post a image of that?

This is by far the most common question we get here. That's why the answer is item number 1 in the FAQ. http://www.videoforums.co.uk/reviews/faq

For some odd reason, there was one clip in a video that I did that juddered more than the rest of it, like it was being field bobbed even though the file and output were interlaced, I couldnt get rid of it in the end so I just left it, it was only a few seconds long....

However, you need to watch that interlacing nonsense, as on a PC display it may appear liney, but that's not always cause its interlaced as Media player 10 etc all deinterlace interlaced footage, sometimes it's because software (Example is Adobe premier) Can't actually scale interlaced footage properly, it has to be deinterlaced first, watch out for that as if you scale it down the image will apear to judder back and fourth when played on a TV and if you scale it up it'll have a "ripple" effect.
    It's not about what camera you use or how much it cost.

It's about what you shoot,
    how you shot it,
    and how you edit it :P