Thread: ¿How to make VHS-C tapes play well on AG-1980 VCR?

1. Default ¿How to make VHS-C tapes play well on AG-1980 VCR?

I have 3 VHS-C and 1 SVHS-C. My AG-1980(like new) VCR though it plays all my other VHS tapes very good surprisingly it won't on the smaller version (with adapter)... It shows slight color distortion. Does anyone here has a solution? my SLV-R1000 can play VHS-C tapes normal but the quality of the AG even with color distortion surpasses it in detail.

SLV: http://imageuploads.net/ims/pic.php?...xOyeV&i=125561
    AG: http://imageuploads.net/ims/pic.php?...xOyeV&i=125562

Nice pics.

Can I just add that I think what you're seeing may not be better detail, I think its Image sharpening, this , while looks ok from a distance, is very very bad and should be avoided as when the video is upscaled to large screens video that's sharpened looks HORRIBLE in comparison to that which is soft.

A good example of this is the DVD of 28 days later, DV converted to film, converted back to DV, then sharpened and converted to mpeg... looks like someone crapped on your screen but hey, Looks fine on a 21 inch PAL or NTSC set, but the minute you watch it on a HD set you just think "wtf"
    It's not about what camera you use or how much it cost.

It's about what you shoot,
    how you shot it,
    and how you edit it :P

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Best_OutRunner View Post
    Can I just add that I think what you're seeing may not be better detail, I think its Image sharpening, this , while looks ok from a distance, is very very bad and should be avoided as when the video is upscaled to large screens video that's sharpened looks HORRIBLE in comparison to that which is soft.

A good example of this is the DVD of 28 days later, DV converted to film, converted back to DV, then sharpened and converted to mpeg... looks like someone crapped on your screen but hey, Looks fine on a 21 inch PAL or NTSC set, but the minute you watch it on a HD set you just think "wtf"
    I don't think the AG sharpens the video I think it just displays it as-is I like the SLV but some detail is lost.