Thread: Manfrotto tripod problem...

1. Question Manfrotto tripod problem...

I have a Manfrotto 501 head on a 055ssb set of tripod legs.

Its this one from ebay if the link works
    eBay.co.uk: Manfrotto 501 Tripod Suit Sony PD150 PD170 X1 XL1S (item 140105329955 end time 16-Apr-07 09:17:46 BST)

Im using it for video so I really need a better set of legs. Mainly a bowl fitting. Or whatever they are called.
    My question, can I take the head off this tripod and fit a 75mm half bowl fitting to the bottom of it and then get a new set of legs that fits a 75mm bowl joint.

If this is possible I cant find out how to take the head off the tripod, It seems it is connected to the vertical extender but I dont see how.

Any help would be great, Thanks in advance.

Curious combination you have there. looks like a 'video' head on a 'stills' set of legs to me.

pop over to tripods, heads, monopods, light stands, camera supports, lighting supports, professional tripod Products and you have links where you can download the catalogues. I reckon this is your best bet to see what fits with what.

having said that though, the 501 head is a videop head and so I know it will fit the type of thing you want. I just don't know the specifics offhand.

3. Default

Below is a link to the head that I have.
    http://www.manfrotto.com/Jahia/site/manfrotto/cache/offonce/pid/2532?livid=80|86&lsf=86&child=1

On the site it talks about bowl heads and flat heads. Does this mean I cant connect a bowl fitting to the bottom of the 501 head that I have?

I know manfrotto supply both compknents and full 'kits'. I haven;t examined their PDF downloads but if they are anything like the paper catalogues I;ve seen then they will likely itemise the components that go into their kits.

This should give you an idea of what heads go with what legs and what fittings.

That's all I was thinking.