Thread: After Effects 7 keyframes help

Default After Effects 7 keyframes help

Hi,

When I keyframe a zoom in After Effects, for some reason the zoom speed slows down towards the end of the zoom, even when the time between keyframes on the timeline is completely the same. Does anybody have an idea why it's doing this?

Also, is it possible to edit the length of a layer bar along with the keyframes? They way it's workin now, when I edit a length of a layer bar (ie shorten it), the keyframes stay in the original position without moving along with the layer, and this completely messes up my timeline.

Any help would be simply fantastic! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by yinc View Post
    Hi,

When I keyframe a zoom in After Effects, for some reason the zoom speed slows down towards the end of the zoom, even when the time between keyframes on the timeline is completely the same. Does anybody have an idea why it's doing this?
    The last keyframe may have been set to easy-ease-out which might give the effect of slowing down the zoom. Easy to check. Change to graph mode for your keyframes. If the line is no longer straight then it got some sort of easy-ease-out in there.

Also, is it possible to edit the length of a layer bar along with the keyframes? They way it's workin now, when I edit a length of a layer bar (ie shorten it), the keyframes stay in the original position without moving along with the layer, and this completely messes up my timeline.
    !
    I'm sure there it. It;s an obvious thing to want to do isn't it. Don't know the answer offhand though, sorry.

As far as I know, the keyframe will stay at its original position when you lengthen your clip, no matter what. If you find a way around this, let me know, but I think its meant to preserve the integrity of whatever effect you're after, to keep you from losing your timing when you lengthen the end result for example.

^^ theres definity a way to extend the layer and keep the ratio of the keyfames - but I've forgoting how to do it!! i'll look into it..

Also, is it possible to edit the length of a layer bar along with the keyframes? They way it's workin now, when I edit a length of a layer bar (ie shorten it), the keyframes stay in the original position without moving along with the layer, and this completely messes up my timeline.!
    Original poster seems never to have returned but as it's useful info anyway....

Try this. Select all keyframes. ALT-select the last one and drag it along the timeline. the rlative positions of all the others stay with it. Is this what you want?