Thread: Media Generator Timed scroll speed

Default Media Generator Timed scroll speed

I have used the timed scroll to add titles.
    Text scrolls on from the left, pauses in the centre of the screen for a few seconds and scrolls off to the left.

How do I speed up the time it takes to scroll on / shorten the pause time / speed up scroll off time?

I'm using Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 6.0b (not the full vegas which has velocity envelopes)

I've come from Ulead, where this was easy to do. I'm persevering with Vegas, please tell me it's worth the effort !

Quote Originally Posted by winsywoo View Post
    I have used the timed scroll to add titles.
    Text scrolls on from the left, pauses in the centre of the screen for a few seconds and scrolls off to the left.

How do I speed up the time it takes to scroll on / shorten the pause time / speed up scroll off time?

I'm using Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 6.0b (not the full vegas which has velocity envelopes)

I've come from Ulead, where this was easy to do. I'm persevering with Vegas, please tell me it's worth the effort !
    I have full Vegas AND Vegas Media Studio - I don;t have Plat, but maybe VMS is near to yours? Yeah?

OK . . . .

You could start with a smaller/time event? No? If you haven't then . ..

#1 - If you want to do this then reduce the size of the event to the time you want.

#2 - Click on the FX Icon to bring up the Menu

#3 - In the TOP right corner of the menu you will see a 2-headed Arrow. Click on this and your settings will be re-jigged for the reduced time you set.

#4 - Conversely, if you INCREASE the length of the TEXT Scroll and hit that double arrow, your TEXT event will be increased to fit to length!

. .and another way .. .

Well, hold DOWN the CTRL Key, roll your cursor over either the leading or trailing edge of the event, it should change to a . .well you'll see ( lol! ) . . hold down the LEFT Mouse button and squash, drag the edge towards the middle of the event. This speeds UP the event. If you want to know, you can do the same thing to s - l - o - w down the event, except this time you stretch the event - PULL one of the edges away from the centre of the event. However, you will find a limit to this. BUT you can go on by rendering out that event, bringing it BACK to the timeline and repeating the process of stretch or pull.

.. and, BTW, you are persevering with Vegas Plat. Not Vegas. If you WERE to move up to Vegas Pro, you would have no need to preserve at all! Just bags of fun!!

Cheers

Grazie