Thread: Thinking of downgrading to XP Pro...

1. Question Thinking of downgrading to XP Pro...

I recently bought a new laptop with Vista installed, and am now thinking about downgrading to XP Pro so that I can actually run Vegas and Avid on here properly, without any glitches. Would you guys say this is advisable, or should I just wait until the right patches / updates are released?

I actually do like Vista... Looks great, runs very smoothly, I just have a little problem with the whole "nothing works on here" thing.

Let me know your thoughts.

MS.

Blog Entries

Would you have room enough on the HD to partition it and have a dual boot machine? Like that you can still 'enjoy' Vista but use XP for the editing....

Blog Entries

I ran the vista update advisor thingy and it said everything would work - maybe I will wait a bit, quite a bit.

Actually maybe I wint bother untill I have to, I run XP in win2000 dull mode so i would probably hate vista anyway.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Turn Media View Post
    Would you have room enough on the HD to partition it and have a dual boot machine? Like that you can still 'enjoy' Vista but use XP for the editing....
    I have around 89.9GB free, so perhaps? I know nothing about partitioning, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    I ran the vista update advisor thingy and it said everything would work - maybe I will wait a bit, quite a bit.

Actually maybe I wint bother untill I have to, I run XP in win2000 dull mode so i would probably hate vista anyway.
    I would stick with XP, until Vista takes its thumb out of its arse and gets with the times.

MS.