Thread: Studio 8 installation failure

Unhappy Studio 8 installation failure

Hello,
    I'm trying to install Studio v8 (only because I already have v9 upgrade...long story) on to my XP SP2 system...
    but when I choose method of installation, it then mentions that is can not create a folder (under "all users")...I say OK and then it seemingly continues to install the software...then when it gets near the end, it pops up an error message stating "Component Transfer Error", named a path, and also said "Error: Access is denied". Then uninstalls everything it did up to that point.

I have done the following (also making sure Pinnacle was uninstalled each time):
    - checked all folder settings to ensure they are writable...and no permission issues
    - disabled AV
    - removed the existing Installshield folder (in case it was an issue with existing Installshield)
    - and finally, completely uninstalled XP SP2 (which now seems to have mesed up other stuff...argh!)

None of this worked...same errors. And I can not find any help online...anywhere.

If anyone has seen this, or has any good ideas, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for your time!

Default Same Install Problem with Studio 8

Had to wipe computer and reinstall. Have the same hang up in XP at end of install. You have any luck solving issue?

Actually, it was an issue with the folder permissions. Apparently, at some point I think I changed the permissions of my My Documents folder, or renamed it, or something like that...and since the install uses that folder, it had issues accessing it. I went in and set the approapriate permissions and then it installed fine.