Thread: Need Help creating Menu's in Studio 9.4 - pls Help!!!

Default Need Help creating Menu's in Studio 9.4 - pls Help!!!

This is my first ever post - pls help me.

I am using Pinn. Studio 9.4.
    I have captured / edited / added stills / transitions / music tracks etc etc with out any problem.
    However, what I am trying to do with the Menu structure is causing me a huge grief and frustration.

My problem is when I try to combine the following:

1) I want to create 6 chapters.
    2) I want to put 3 chapter links each onto 2 menus or pages (page/menu 1 = 3 menu's plus "Next" button plus “play movie” button; page/menu 2 = 3 menu's plus "Previous" button plus “play movie” button)
    3) In addition I want to run a music track seamlessly between the 2 pages/menus.
    4) I want to create a separate background image for each page/menu
    5) I want to put individual images for each of the 6 chapters links.

I can create the chapters - However, I can only then either:
    a) create 2 separate menus (M1 & M2) with individual images for the chapters
    - but the DVD always loops back at the end of M1 – it never runs over into M2
    b) create 1 menu with 2 pages
    - but the chapter images for the individual chapters can not be different on each of the 2 pages (must be same on both pages)
    - but the background image can not be different on each of the 2 pages (must be same on both pages)

Ideally I want to follow a)
    - create 2 separate menus (so it allows me to have separate images/backgrounds)
    - and the DVD will only loop back after M2 has finished – not loop back after M1 (unless a chapter or “next” or “play movie” is chosen)
    - and the music track will run seamlessly between the two menu’s (unless a chapter or “previous” or “play movie” is chosen)

PLS PLS PLS help me – its doing my head in and after 3 days of constantly trying I ready to throw my machine out the patio door!

Maybe I am trying to do something too complicated but looking at some of the video’s in other forums that people have posted I don’t think I trying to do too much!

Many thanks in advance,
    Phil.

Its been a while since i used the menus in studio so this advice may not work.

firstly I don't think you'll be able to have a single piece of audio across both menus that will be unbroken while switching from one menu to the next but i could well be wrong.

The only way I can think of this working is to do it as two separate menus but for your next and previous buttons, change them to normal buttons and set the next button to point at menu 2 and the previous to menu 1.

So in essence it will look like a two page menu but will in fact just be two separate menus linked together. Each chapter on each menu can be set to return to the menu its attached too.

Other than that can you not just put all six chapters on one page? that would be the simplest solution.

Hope this is of some help or maybe sparks an idea. From what I remember though the menu side of studio can be a bit of a pig and very frustrating.

Good luck with your project.