Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sony Vegas 7 Rendering help! PLEASE!!

Default Sony Vegas 7 Rendering help! PLEASE!!

I made a video that im really proud of on sony vegas.
    BUT once i render it. It either turns blank after the first 3 seconds
    --OR--
    It takes the ending clip of where the clip came from and puts it as a still frame over all my work. the effects I applied work but on that still frame that i never put there!
    Im so stressed out. i need this video to be done!
    I tryed making it a subclip and stuff but that still doesnt work.

(I noticed it mainly works on .WMV)

Well, this hurts -

However . . .

You are really gonna need to share a bit more.

1 - Are you working with the full pro version of Vegas7?

2 - Have you SUCCESSFULLY done this type of project before?

3 - What are you rending to? What format?

4 - What format is your original media?

5 - What Project settings do you have? Does your Project Settings EXACTLY match your media?

6 - Could you please do a screen grab of your timeline and post it here? I want to see just how complex and where the media is "placed".

I have more questions to ask you, but these are the ones I start with when, in the past, I got a scrambled project.

Sorry you are at where you are. Let's see if we can get to the bottom of it - yeah?

Grazie -
    Last edited by Grazie; 05-15-2007 at 08:20 AM.

Blog Entries

Yes indeed, annoying. Post some more details.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    Well, this hurts -

However . . .

You are really gonna need to share a bit more.

1 - Are you working with the full pro version of Vegas7?

2 - Have you SUCCESSFULLY done this type of project before?

3 - What are you rending to? What format?

4 - What format is your original media?

5 - What Project settings do you have? Does your Project Settings EXACTLY match your media?

6 - Could you please do a screen grab of your timeline and post it here? I want to see just how complex and where the media is "placed".

I have more questions to ask you, but these are the ones I start with when, in the past, I got a scrambled project.

Sorry you are at where you are. Let's see if we can get to the bottom of it - yeah?

Grazie -

1:: well im working with Vegas 7a pretty sure thats the full version..

2:: yes, but those contained pictures.. i think its the video part that messes it up..

3:: .WMV i tryed other ones but it gives me the same result.

4:: my original media is .WMV

5:: i dont kno understand... project settings? .... im a noob in vegas..

6:: ill upload some media to show u shortly.

1:: well im working with Vegas 7a pretty sure thats the full version.. YES. But V7e is the latest update

2:: yes, but those contained pictures.. i think its the video part that messes it up.. So, mixed media? WMV + Stills?

3:: .WMV i tryed other ones but it gives me the same result. Soooo. it is going to be your settings and media.

4:: my original media is .WMV Hmmm...

5:: i dont kno understand... project settings? .... im a noob in vegas.. Go > File > Properties. Now read and bring here your PRESENT settings.

6:: ill upload some media to show u shortly. Interesting . .

My money is on your Project settings + Your Mixed media and from here you are going to WMV?

I'd try rendering out FIRST to a plain vanilla AVI and try and Preview that. I just put a WMV on my timeline. It stuttered around a bit. I did a Selective-Prerender and it flows beautifully. When you pre-render makes sure you have a Template that makes sense? For me, I select PAL-DV.

How BIG - resolution - are your stills? What Format?

G

1:: i just update it from the site right?

2:: Yes WMV&Stills the still frames don't cause any problems. its just the WMV stuff

3:: Yes i tryed fiddiling with it but still no luck.

4:: yes wmv xD

5:: http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/1787/lkkkkkkvq2.png
    thats wut i hav... yep xD

my stills are usually png

Well, from a quick "glance" at your timeline, you have many tracks with many events at places which either cover up lower tracks OR partially covering up lower tracks. This could be giving you some spurious result on render. Vegas would be doing the correct thing, but YOU might like it! Now I'm not saying you SHOULDN'T do this, but I personally would like to see a more consolidated timeline. At the moment there appears to be no logical laying out of your media?

Could you prepare:

#1 - A blowup/screen grab of your start including ALL your tracks

#2 - A blowup/screen grab of those areas you THINK you are having an issue with

#3 - Could you prepare a simple mov or wmv of the region you KNOW doesn't work and say exactly where this relates this to on your timeline? And ppost these files so we can view them?

Bottom line, you have your media spread out in a fashion, that at present, I can't image just WHAT it would do in a WMV format.

My thoughts aint on the render process - yet! - more on the layout of your project. But I could very well be incorrect!

Getting there .. .

Apologies, yes, you just download the update from the SONY site and install. That's what I do.

. .another thing I just noticed from your PNG: You have 9gb free space? Are you rendering to the C drive? I kinda get into trouble with my system if I drop below 7gbs of freedom on my C drive - IF I'm dong Vegas work/renders to that same drive, which I don't. Your system needs HD space to thrash about in.

Can you tell us how much of your C drive is actually FREE? And what that is as a percentage?

Do you have other drives?

Are you rendering to those?

Where is your VEGAS temp directory?

I'm really starting to think that maybe this is a real estate issue. Hmmm...

Grazie

I'm kinda repeating your process.

5 tracks with a sprinkling of PNGs.

Track 5 has the a WMV Event and above that - 4 > 1 - is a loose collection of PNGs. Some with dissolves and some not.

A 1.5 min region, Render to a new track, using the WMV9 template. It takes about 5mins to render.

I watched my Windows Task Manager and both my Treads topped out at 100% but my PF usage thrashed-up to 1.6gbs

Playing back now.

Looks good to me.

Do you want to post the veg? I can then enter my own material and see if I can replicate it? Yeah?

G

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast