Thread: Wrapping video around a sphere?

Default Wrapping video around a sphere?

This is my 1st post! (Please be gentle!) I've had a quick search but so far can't find anything that meets my requirement.

I am pretty new to all this, and I have some footage from a gig we played recently, and I want to do an effect where it looks like the band is wrapped around a sphere which slowly drifts off to a vanishing point, on a scene of a star-scape. I have created the star-field in photoshop, by the way, I'm using Premier Elements 3.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

It would probably be easier to do using one of the many effects available as a plugin for after effects...the other option is to find a video effect or transition that spins the clip in or out and reverse the motion to suit...but I don't think your program has these options

So to answer my own question, in case it is of the slightest use to anyone else ...

If you install a graphics card with a GPU like an N-Vida GeForce, PE3 magically has GPU Efects and GPU Transitions included in the plugin list.

One of the transitions is "Sphere" which wraps the video around a sphere which then floats off and up out of frame.

I stuck the clip I wanted to have this effect on a track on its own, and added this transition to the end... Then dragged the transition to cover the entire clip., and voila!