Thread: Copy Inhibit message

Default Copy Inhibit message

Here is a little problem perhaps someone can help me with.

I have a Sony DCR-TRV 110E digital 8 camera that I use for archiving material, I DV enabled it when I bought it some 7years ago, last evening whilst trying to record from the timeline to it as normal via the firewire I got a message on the side screen that said COPY INHIBIT, I checked the camera to make sure it was still DV enabled, and all is OK there, I can record to it via the composite inputs, it just does not seem to accept it via the firewire, itís then I get this COPY INHIBIT message.

If anyone has had this occur or anyone throws any light on it I would be pleased to hear from him or her
    Alan Hodkinson
    at
    Viking Video

3.2 Ghz P4 800FSB CPU, 2Gb DDR400 PC3200 memory, 128Mb AGP ATI Radeon 9200 DDR Graphics, 40 Gb H/D, 250 Gb H/D, 1.5 Tb H/D, NEC ND-2510 dual layer DVD 8X, LG Gsa-4081B DVD, Creative soundblaster live, Windows XP SP1, Premiere Pro, Premiere Elements 2.

Have just tried a Mini DV camera and the same thing occurs so itís not the D8 camera, so I changed the firewire cable just in case it was that, tried again, no change, all I can think now is it must be Software related.........or could it be the firewire card?
    Alan Hodkinson
    at
    Viking Video

3.2 Ghz P4 800FSB CPU, 2Gb DDR400 PC3200 memory, 128Mb AGP ATI Radeon 9200 DDR Graphics, 40 Gb H/D, 250 Gb H/D, 1.5 Tb H/D, NEC ND-2510 dual layer DVD 8X, LG Gsa-4081B DVD, Creative soundblaster live, Windows XP SP1, Premiere Pro, Premiere Elements 2.

This has got me scratching my head. It sounds like the kind of message associated with trying to copy copy-protected material.

I have very vaguely heard of it before.

Try exporting the whole timeline as a DV AVI file first. Then reimport the resulting DV AVI file into a new project and then try expoting to tape from there.

Hi Bert,
    Thanks for the reply, this has got me more than scratching my head, It's a 6 minute item off the TV recorded on to digital tape and then on to the computer, I can't see how it could be copyright protected although I agree that's what it behaves like, I thought it might be a glitch with the editing software but the other projects on the computer, their timelines are behaving properly.

It's not crucial to retrieve it from the timeline to tape as it's going on a DVD anyway, but it has just got me intrigued as to what is going on.

If I solve it I will post on here

Thanks
    Alan Hodkinson
    at
    Viking Video