Thread: Reconnecting split events...

1. Question Reconnecting split events...

OK... Say you've gone and split an event by accident, then find out about it many actions later... Is there any way of merging those 2 split events back together?

MS.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Schmuck View Post
    OK... Say you've gone and split an event by accident, then find out about it many actions later... Is there any way of merging those 2 split events back together?

MS.
    Oh yes!

#1 - PULL out the DEAD!: Simply Pull the front or back end of the EVENT. This wont work on subclips as they are "discreet" sections of an Event, and as such behave as the main Event.

#2 - The UNSPLIT SCRIPT! - Ah yes! Marcus, as you are developing your own style of editing might I suggest that you now do a hunt for Vegas Scripts. I use the more prosaic, toolbox-type of scripts the most. One of the toolchest of scripts I use is Excalibur. There are others from the VASST team. They range from the FREE - yes, I did say free! - to others that you can purchase that are combos within a GUI for us to use that incorporate such tings as Multicam editing! Anyways, back to UNSPLIT. Excalibur has this, as well as Match Aspect ration and desquiggle - that's to take out the stretch/compress of an Event - and an "orphan" type script which relocates its missing Video of an audio segment - neat huh? And these scripts can be stuck up there on the Toolbar ready, willing and able to assist these types of IMMEADIATE repairs. So, guess Icons I'VE got up there on the TOOLBAR: UNSPLIT; DESQUIGGLE; ORPHAN! - I ain't no programmer. The Scripts just work. You don't need to do anything, beyond install, click and use.

Cheers

Grazie